Fight Depression With Transformational Treatment
It’s time to win the battle, with NeuroStar* Advanced Therapy. NeuroStar transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) has helped many people who have continued to struggle with depression even when using antidepressant medications.
- Over 1 million treatments performed
- Non-drug and non-invasive
NeuroStar uses transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) to target key areas of the brain that are underaconvulsive in people with depression. It is not ECT (electroconvulsive therapy). While the exact cause of depression is not known, the leading scientific theory is that it is caused by an imbalance of the brain’s neurotransmitters, which are chemical messengers that send signals between brain cells.
Treating Depression at its Source
- NeuroStar helps activate the natural function of the brain’s neurotransmitters using a non-invasive magnetic field similar to that of an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
- NeuroStar treats right at the source. Because it uses a precise magnetic pulse, it is effective exactly where it needs to be
- NeuroStar is not electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)and does not have the same mechanism as ECT.
The #1 TMS Choice of Doctors
- NeuroStar is proven and backed with the most clinical studies for TMS in depression.
- The majority of people treated with NeuroStar experience significant, long lasting improvement.
- In an NIMH-funded, independent , randomized controlled trial, patients treated with TMS using a clinical trial version of the NeuroStar TMS System were 4x more likely to achieve remission compared to patients receiving sham treatment (p=0.0173:odds ratio=4.05).